Community

Embracing my daughter’s superpower

“Mommy, am I autistic?” It was a question I hadn’t expected as I drove with my then-13-year-old daughter on our way to a doctor’s appointment.  We’d never hidden it, but my husband and I did not want to label her at an early age with any kind of diagnosis. We…

Read More

Hustle and faith

A friend and I are sitting around a table playing a board game as we’ve done many times in the past, a few hours stolen to drink, chat and bond. Except something feels off. The lulls in conversation grow longer and longer, and not because either one of us is…

Read More

Mental and physical health tips every Muslim should know

There’s currently 3.45 million Muslims in America who are living in an increasingly hostile climate —  a challenge felt more so by Muslim women than men, a recent Pew study reveals. Particularly since 2015 (the lead up to the 2016 presidential election), the news has been awash with Islamophobic rhetoric and incidents…

Read More

Calling All Religious (Not Just Muslim) Leaders

Let’s End Female Genital Mutilation Jennifer, a member of the evangelical community in Kentucky, shared her testimonial as a survivor of Female Genital Mutilation(FGM) earlier this week.  Jennifer is a white, Christian, American – not the usual face of an issue that is often framed as a faraway cultural practice restricted to…

Read More

Finding God through struggle

What do we do when life becomes difficult? In times of uncertainty, struggle, and loneliness, it is easy to wonder if God really hears our prayers. We can seem like such an insignificant part of His creation. Why would He care for us, we may ask, when we are often…

Read More