altM and Safina Fellowship are seeking an intern to assist with the launch of the campaign #OurChoiceNotYours. The Intern will work virtually with the founders of the campaign to manage and contribute communications and social media strategy, and develop activities that feed the campaign.
Applicants should have experience and interest in public affairs, communications, social media, and outreach.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Website and Social Media
- Manage social media accounts and post new content to Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube accounts and the website.
- Respond to interactions and questions from #OurChoiceNotYours on social media and filter abusive tweets and messages and spam.
- Media Relations
- Track online articles and publications on Islam, sexuality, gender, and intimacy and compile articles and news sources in an online database.
- Identify messages and communications that require a response from #OurChoiceNotYours.
- Assist with the promotion of the #OurChoiceNotYours mission to wide public audiences.
- Multimedia Production
- Assist in photographing events for #OurChoiceNotYours, editing photos and posting new content to social media pages and the website.
- Upload video content to YouTube and social media pages.
- Public Outreach
- Assist in writing content and compiling information for newsletters, website announcements, and emails for public distribution.
- Maintain and promote the #OurChoiceNotYours brand to the public and targeted stakeholder groups.
- Event Coordination
- Work with the Executive Director to plan, coordinate, and implement events on behalf of the #OurChoiceNotYours.
- Assist with contacting participants in #OurChoiceNotYours
- Stakeholder Engagement
- Assist in donor engagement and cultivation.
- Assist in the coordination of events with stakeholders and partners.
- Excellent writing and copyediting skills
- Previous experience in managing or working with social media
- Students currently enrolled student in a Bachelor’s program in gender, theology, Islamic studies, social sciences, or a related discipline
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Adobe, and social media sites (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc)
- Excellent interpersonal and professional skills and demonstrated ability to work well on teams
Interested candidates should contact Manal Omar at email@example.com.